It's a fascinating movie. It kept me entertained on a long transatlantic flight a few months ago.
Anthony Tjan reminded me how the movie is also a must-see for entrepreneurs.
This is a story for someone who had a seemingly impossible dream – to walk a wire between the then newly-built towers.
Everyone thought he was crazy.
And he probably was.
But he did it. How?
- By having a powerful, simple goal
- By planning extremely carefully
- By choosing team members who supported his goal
- By being single-minded towards achieving that goal, against all adversity
- By going ahead, despite people thinking he's crazy.
- And yes, by being a little bit crazy himself.
As Tjan says:
You want someone like Petit to succeed because it seems so improbable
and outlandish that it takes a creative visionary with some degree of
craziness to pull it off. Seeing this movie is an inspiration for those
who dare to think differently and push the boundaries.