At last! Summertime is around the corner, and you can make the most of it by enhancing your outdoor living spaces. With a little thought and planning, you can create your own personal backyard oasis. Here are some ideas.
1. If you don’t have a deck or patio, build one. Not only does this addition give you a great place for gatherings and grilling, in Remodeling Magazine‘s Cost vs. Value report, the statistics show that such an improvement yields a return on your investment of more than 75 percent.
2. Creating attractive privacy screens can easily be accomplished by incorporating fences, trellises and shrubbery around your outdoor deck or patio.
3. Pests can ruin a great time outdoors, so use preventive measures such as citronella candles and employ a pest control company that can spray your yard for unwanted crawling and flying insects.
4. Create a living space with comfortable outdoor furniture for lounging and dining. Be sure to include area rugs for color and for defining spaces.
5. Well-placed lighting will extend your outdoor experience well into the evening and create a great mood. Tiki torches, string lights and landscape lighting all contribute to the ambiance.
6. Keep it fun and include a fire pit, hot tub or game set for the kids.
Creating the perfect summer oasis will add value to your home and attract more buyers. When you start planning your project, contact us if you would like our professional input. We are here to assist you in the decision-making.